My Photo
Name:
Location: In Front Of, Lotus Notes - All Day, United States

Friday, February 16, 2007

Sametime 7.5

I installed Sametime 7.5 and have been messing around with it. Appears to be somewhat of a sporadic memory hog....anyone else seen this?

That isn't the biggest problem though. I went to go add some contacts within our company and had a hell of a time doing so.

You can reproduce the issue by going to....

File/Add/Contact

Click on Browse For Name then try doing a search with ONLY A FEW LETTERS OF THE PERSONS LAST NAME in the field Find Names Starting With....

What happens....absolutely nothing....I just even tried searching for someone by using their complete last name and it didn't find them.

So I take a stroll over to my domino admin and she tells me "yeah, it is a known issue".

huh? Didn't IBM just roll this out? How can you roll out an instant messaging system and not even be able to add contacts....

someone PLEASE tell me that this is not true.....did our Domino Admin not set something up correctly?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just setup Sametime 7.5 and I happened across your blog... I then went back and tried to add a contact by the last name and did not have a problem.

For my setup I am using the Domino Directory instead of LDAP. Not sure of your configuration.

February 17, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Keith Brooks said...

I concur, We also use the Domino directory. For LDAP to work properly requires some more configuration settings.

February 17, 2007 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home